- Saints Coach Sean Payton on signing Devon Walker
2. "It’s almost like one of my dreams come true. I’ve been a Saints fan almost since I was walking (as a kid). Just to be a part of the team and be around the players is more than I could hope for.”
3. "Any time a player is handpicked by Sean Payton to play offense and is a receiver, you better believe he’s going to be something, so I’m anxious to see him. This guy opens your eyes. You can feel his speed, so it’s something that Al Davis used to say ‘Can you feel his speed?’ You can feel his speed and I’m looking forward to seeing him. I know Sean and he’ll create roles to get this guy involved and it will be awesome.”
- Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on first-round pick
4. "I’m just approaching it how everyone else would. I’m coming in here full-go. I’m coming here to compete for a starting spot, coming here to make plays, but at the same time, be a great teammate.”
- Cooks on participating in rookie minicamp
5. "There are some rookies that learn exceptionally fast and they pick it up right away and there are some veterans the same way. They may understand the ropes a little bit more, but in saying that there are some veterans maybe that don’t pick things up as easily. It is a mixed bag and we try and really once they get here, put the name on the helmet and really go by what we see."
- Payton on how to evaluate rookie minicamp performance